TERMS & CONDITIONS
2. VINTAGE EQUESTRIAN is a trade mark, and the contents of the Website are copyright © 2011 Vintage Equestrian or its licensors.
3. All material published on the Website is provided “as is” and, to the fullest extent permissible by law, Vintage Equestrian makes no representation or warranty (whether express or implied) in respect of such material. Vintage Equestrian specifically makes no representation or warranty that the operation of the Website will be uninterrupted and/or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website (or the server that makes it available) will be free of viruses or bugs.
4. In connection with the use of the Website and any orders placed by you, Vintage Equestrian will not be liable for:
4.1 losses that were not foreseeable to both Vintage Equestrian and you when the contract was made; and/or
4.2 losses that were not caused by any breach on Vintage Equestrian’s part; and/or
4.3 indirect losses, consequential losses, losses of profit, losses of opportunity, business losses; and/or
4.4 losses to non-consumers; and/or
4.5 losses arising out of Vintage Equestrian’s negligence;
4.6 any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of its obligations under the Terms and Conditions caused by events outside its reasonable control;
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions or elsewhere on the Website limits (or purports to limit) Vintage Equestrian’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, or any liability arising under section 2(3) Consumer Protection Act 1987.
5. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affects (or purports to affect) your statutory rights as a consumer.
Limitations on Use
6. The Website is for use only by customers aged 18 and over. Goods ordered via the Website can only be sent to addresses within the United Kingdom , Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Republic of Ireland). For orders or enquiries outside these territories, please contact us first.
7. You agree to use the Website only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Website by any third party.
8. No material found within the Website, including text and images, may be copied, distributed or downloaded in any way except for your own personal non-commercial use or as permitted by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. You agree not to copy, adapt, alter or create any derivative work from any of the material contained in the Website. You hereby agree to keep all copyright, trade mark and other proprietary notices intact.
9. Vintage Equestrian is not responsible for the content of third-party websites that are accessible, or linked, from the Website. Vintage Equestrian has not (and should not be taken to have) checked or endorsed the contents of such websites.
10. Images of Goods on the Website are not to scale. Unless stated otherwise, all weights and measurements are approximate. All colours displayed on the Website are approximate and are as accurate as electronic processes allow. Prices and specifications of Goods are correct at the time of uploading information to the Website (except in cases of obvious error). Vintage Equestrian reserves the right to update prices and specifications as appropriate without prior notice.
11. Details of all orders received from you will be kept by Vintage Equestrian and will be available on request by you.
12. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Vintage Equestrian and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
13. All contracts, notifications and other correspondence between you and Vintage Equestrian under these Terms and Conditions will be made in English and may be made electronically (which you acknowledge will comply with any legal requirement that they be in writing) All prices on the Website are expressed in sterling and include applicable VAT.
Changes to services, terms and conditions
15. Vintage Equestrian reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate any services provided via the Website without prior notice.
16. Vintage Equestrian reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice. While any such changes will not be retrospective, you are advised to check these Terms and Conditions from time to time for updates.
Acceptance and Delivery
17. When you place an order for Goods via the Website, you will receive an e-mail from Vintage Equestrian acknowledging that your order has been received.
17.1 Please note that acknowledgment of your order does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to Vintage Equestrian to buy Goods, and the contract between you and Vintage Equestrian will only be formed when Vintage Equestrian sends confirmation of acceptance (which will usually at the same time as Vintage Equestrian confirms dispatch of the Goods). Vintage Equestrian reserves the right to accept or decline any order (in whole or in part) at its discretion. In any event, no order will be accepted by Vintage Equestrian until full payment has been received by.
17.2 Once your order has been accepted, Vintage Equestrian will arrange delivery of the Goods in accordance with the delivery details provided by you. Delivery will normally be made by Royal Mail special delivery requiring a signature on delivery. Please allow at least 3 working days from acceptance of your order for delivery.
17.3 If you wish to cancel an order before we have formally accepted it, please contact us as soon as possible.
18. All payments under these Terms and Conditions will be made in sterling via a third-party service provider.
19.1 because they are defective or incorrect (in the event that no fault is found with the Goods, Vintage Equestrian reserves the right to recharge to you the price of the Goods and all charges and expenses incurred). You acknowledge that the Goods are second hand articles and may have or suffered from general ‘wear and tear’: and/or
19.2 in accordance with your “cooling-off” right to return the Goods within 7 days of delivery (full details of this right, and an explanation of how to exercise it, will be provided with the confirmation of dispatch of the Goods), providing you have not used the Goods, they are undamaged and in their original packaging (in the event that the Goods have been worn or damaged or are not in their original packaging, Vintage Equestrian reserves the right to re-charge to you the price of the Goods and all charges and expenses incurred).
20. Goods are at your risk from the time of delivery. While they are in your possession, you must take reasonable care of all Goods which are to be returned to Vintage Equestrian under clause 19. All such Goods must be returned to Vintage Equestrian (to the address set out below) by Royal Mail and require a signature on delivery. Vintage Equestrian will refund to you the price of the Goods and the delivery charges incurred by you in returning the Goods on receipt of valid proof of postage cost.
21. You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of any contract made under these Terms and Conditions, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without Vintage Equestrian’s prior written consent. Vintage Equestrian may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of any such contract, or any of its rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the contract.
22. The following address should be used for an contacting Vintage Equestrian and for returning Goods:
BM Vintage Equestrian, London, WC1N 3XX
23. This Website is owned and operated by Julie Ford, trading as Vintage Equestrian BM Vintage Equestrian, London, WC1N 3XX. Vat registration no. 391 3572 41
3. Vintage Equestrian may use the personal data you provide in order to provide you with the best possible customer service and, with your permission, to keep you updated about Vintage Equestrian services and products.
4. If at any time you wish to be removed from Vintage Equestrian database, or you no longer wish to receive communications from Vintage Equestrian, please contact Vintage Equestrian at:
BM Vintage Equestrian, London, WC1N 3XX
5. Vintage Equestrian will never sell your personal data or make it available to any third parties.
6. Vintage Equestrian has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction.
8. The Website may include links to third-party websites. Vintage Equestrian can not control and is not responsible for the contents of such websites or for any privacy or data collection policies they may employ.